Apprentice Job Description
An Apprentice Electrician will work under the guidance of a Foreman and or Journeyman in installations, alterations, additions, and/or repair of electrical systems, conductors, and associated materials and equipment on any project type.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comprehend reading and drawing prints, specifications and schematics
- Bend conduit by hand with hand benders.
- Utilize all power tools, saws, threaders, and knockout punches.
- Operate wire tugger’s and hydraulic benders.
- Dig trenches,by use of hand tools or power equipment.
- Operate all equipment including trenchers and lifts in a safe manner.
- Comprehend and practice safe work procedures.
- Operate hand tools/equipment, cable cutters, hammer drills, compression tools, and jack hammers.
- Operate and work from mechanical personnel lifts
- Install and make branch wire terminations in junction boxes and panel boards.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach over-head.
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds.
- Climb ladders of all types.
- Complete full day assignments involving overhead work.
- Must be capable of securing tools and materials from storage areas to complete assigned tasks.
- Must be able to positively identify different colors of wiring.