Journeyman Job Description
A Journeyman will work under the guidance of a Foreman or Superintendent in installations, alterations, additions, and/or repair of electrical systems, conductors, and associated materials and equipment on any project type.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A Journeyman may be required to perform any of the duties and responsibilities below:
- Lay out work and prep materials for installation.
- Perform underground layout and rough-in.
- Determine wire and conduit sizing.
- Measure, cut, bends, thread, assemble and install electrical conduit using measuring devices & tools.
- Install feeders.
- Perform switch gear installation and terminations.
- Install and connect power supply wiring, cables, conduit, and electrical apparatus in new & existing facilities following diagrams, schematics, or blueprints.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment.
- Operate any hand tools and equipment necessary to perform all associated tasks.
- Perform other project related duties and assignments as instructed by supervisor.
- Meet attendance standards and comply with late/absence notification procedures.
- Basic mechanical aptitude, mathematical and English language skills.
- Must understand basic electrical theory and its application to installations.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime and night work as required.
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- Colorado Journeyman’s License.
- Must have completed a qualified apprenticeship program and have over 8000 hours of on-the-job work experience.